Best of Eastern Canada & USA - Small Group, 2022
Best Of Eastern Canada & Usa – Small Group, 2022
See the top destinations in two countries on this two-week guided tour of Canada and the U.S. Stroll the urban-but-regal Queen’s Park in downtown Toronto, then get up-close to the world’s most infamous waterfall, Niagara Falls. Wander the grand mansions of Montreal and step inside the Notre-Dame Basilica – a masterpiece of Gothic Revival architecture, featuring a gold and azure-hued sanctuary – with a Local Expert. In Maine, dine on decadent, authentic local lobster caught fresh from a nearby harbor. Walk with a guide along the Freedom Trail in Boston, a 2.5-mile trail with 16 historically significant sites, including the house where the Boston Tea Party was planned in 1773. In Philadelphia, see the Liberty Bell, rung throughout history to announce some of the country’s most historical moments, such as the death of George Washington.
- Toronto: At 18:00, you’ll meet your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Dinner.
- Quebec: Savour the evening in an intimate setting as you choose from a selection of top local restaurants on a Dine-Around Evening.
- Maine Lobster Dinner: Enjoy an authentic Main Lobster dinner as you feast on the fresh and local delicacy known for its tender and rich flavour. Raise a glass as you mingle with new friends over this delectable Highlight Dinner.
- Washington D.C.: Join your Travel Director and fellow guests for a Celebration Dinner and toast to new friends and fantastic memories.
- Dining Summary: 15 Breakfast (B), 6 Dinner with Wine (DW), 1 Lunch (L)
- Ottawa: You’ll join a cooking demonstration at C’est Bon. Set in their state-of-the-art kitchen facilities close to ByWard Market, you’ll learn new culinary skills and discover more about the local cuisine. Ingredients include Canadian staples such as maple sugar, haskaps, labrador tea and wild flowers. Afterwards, enjoy a 3-course meal with wine.
- Montmorency Falls Park: Montmorency Falls is a remarkable natural wonder that towers 83 metres (272 feet), which is 30 metres higher than Niagara Falls. Walk the full width of the falls on a suspension bridge with roaring water below for a unique, adrenaline filled perspective.
Top Rated Highlight
- Niagara Falls: Board your cruise and greet the howling spray, wind and thunder at the base of the falls. Browse the shops and galleries of Niagara-on-the-Lake.
- Historic Kingston: Wander through historic Kingston, otherwise known as the Limestone City and view the old buildings, churches and fortifications.
- Montreal: Join a Local Expert who will guide you around Old Montreal, Mount Royal, and the iconic Notre-Dame Basilica.
- Quebec: Discover more of Quebec’s unique European charm with a Local Expert. You’ll see the Latin Quarter, Plains of Abraham, City Hall and Palace Royale, plus views of the grand Chteau Frontenac.
- Acadia National Park: Take in the natural beauty of Acadia National Park, with its dramatic rocky shoreline.
- Kennebunkport: Follow the rocky Maine shoreline, and stop in picturesque Kennebunkport.
- Boston: Join your Travel Director as they guide you along the Freedom Trail, a route that leads you through historically significant sites in the city.
- New York: For a full view of this monumental city, ascend to the Top of the Rock – the 70th floor of the Rockefeller Center Building – for a sweeping view of the skyscrapers, parks, rivers and urban canyons that make up the teeming isle of Manhattan.
- New York: Take a bite of the Big Apple on a tour of the city’s highlights with a Local Expert.
- Philadelphia: Explore Independence National Historic Park and visit the Liberty Bell with your Travel Director.
- Washington, D.C.: Take a city tour of Washington, D.C. and discover its iconic memorials and monuments, including the White House, Washington Monument, and National Mall.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times
- If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport
Toronto and the Thundering Falls of Niagara
Kingston and Ottawa
Canada's Capital to Montreal
Montreal, the Royal Mountain
Montmorency Falls Park to Quebec City
Quebec to Bar Harbor
Explore Acadia National Park
Coastal New England to Boston
Boston, the Cradle of Liberty
A Bite of the Big Apple
A Manhattan Masterpiece
Liberty in Philadelphia and D.C.
Washington, D.C. Sightseeing and Leisure Time
Depart Washington, D.C.