Italian Elegance - With Oberammergau, Classic Group, 2022
Italian Elegance – With Oberammergau, Classic Group, 2022
Experience the epitome of picture-postcard Italy’s historic cities, exquisite resorts, rustic towns and idyllic fishing villages. Head behind the scenes in the Vatican as the Bramante staircase is opened just for you. Experience the once in a decade Oberammergau Passion Play with premium tickets secured by Insight Vacations.
- Rome: Taste a nutritious meal at Rome’s welcome dinner. The venue adopts a flexiterian philosophy; to them, sustainable consumption and healthy meals is what’s important.
- Vatican City: Be among the select few to gain VIP access into the Vatican Museums and see Michelangelo’s ceiling in the Sistine Chapel. Visit the stunning Museo Gregoriano Profano which documents various moments and themes in classical art, from Ancient Greece through to the late Imperial Roman age. Then you’ll be privileged an exclusive VIP Highlight Dinner at the Vatican’s Cortile del Giardino Quadrato, whilst enjoying views of the cupola of St. Peters, should weather permit.
- Cinque Terre: Savour a freshly-prepared Sea-to-Table meal, made of locally sourced, seasonal ingredients typical of the region.
- Venice: Enjoy a special Venetian Celebration Dinner with wine at La Fenice, situated in the heart of this historic city.
- Dining Summary: 14 Breakfasts (B), 2 Dinners (D), 6 Dinners with Wine (DW), 1 Lunch with Wine (LW)
- Florence: Choose between a visit to the Accademia Museum with an art historian to see Michelangelo’s David or alternatively, wander through the market stalls on a guided shopping tour.
- Vatican City: Gain VIP access into the Vatican Museums and admire the famous Bramante Staircase. Witness the genius of Michelangelo in the Sistine Chapel and view the splendid dome of St. Peter’s Basilica.
Make Travel Matter
- Venice: Witness the ancient skill of glassblowing on the island of Murano. Watch artisans create delicate works of art using rare traditional practices and support the master glassblowers to preserve their art.
Top Rated Highlights
- Scenic Drives: Fall in love with the iconic scenery of the rolling Tuscan Hills, the Apennines and Dolomites mountain ranges and the Italian Lake District.
- Oberammergau: Experience the spectacular Passion Play that has made this town famous. Watch from your premium seat as local villagers perform as they have since 1634 in this once in a decade event. An emotive and critically acclaimed performance depicting Christ’s last days, this is an event not to be missed.
- Vatican City: Venture inside St. Peter’s Basilica and see Michelangelo’s Piet, and the splendid dome.
- Rome: During you orientation with you Travel Director see the medieval buildings, including Renaissance palaces and Baroque churches, scattered throughout the city.
- Florence: Enjoy panoramic views over of the city and see the Florence Cathedral. During your guided walking orientation, see the bell tower, Gates of Paradise on the baptistery and visit Piazza della Signoria.
- Siena: With your Local Expert explore the cobbles streets of Siena. Learn about the Palio horse race while standing in Piazza del Campo. See the 14th century Town Hall and its Mangia Tower. Wander your way through the medieval streets to visit the black-and-white striped marble cathedral.
- San Gimignano: Visit the medieval Manhattan of Italy!
- Lucca: Your orientation with your Travel Director will show you the churches, squares and palaces within the medieval ramparts.
- Pisa: During your orientation, your Travel Director will show you the baptistery bristling with marble spines, the colonnaded bell tower lurching behind the 11th century cathedral and of course, the famous Leaning Tower in the Square of Miracles.
- Cinque Terre: Led by your Local Expert, visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site, travelling by train and boat and dedicated time to explore one of the five charming fishing villages.
- Portofino: Get a taste of the ‘sweet life’ when you visit this elegant fishing village.
- Cortina: Enjoy the stunning scenery of the Cortina, a small town framed by magnificent alps as your Travel Director conducts an orientation.
- Venice: Delight in the magic of this charming city as you are serenaded, travelling through the atmospheric canals by gondola.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times
- If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport
Welcome to the Eternal City of Rome
Rome with Vatican Dinner
Sienna and the flavours of San Gimignano
The Chianti Hills to Pisa, Lucca and Santa Margherita
The Cinque Terre
Portofino and Lake Maggiore
Experience the Dolomites
Venice, Queen of the Adriatic
Venice at Leisure
From the lakes of Venice to mountain-ringed Innsbruck
Innsbruck to Oberammergau
The Passion Play