Spectacular Scandinavia & its Fjords - Preview 2022
Spectacular Scandinavia & Its Fjords – Classic Group, 2022
Revel in outstanding Scandinavian scenery as you cruise the glassy fjords and ride the Flåm Railway. In the cities, soak up the seafaring history and lively cultural scene.
- Copenhagen: Get to know your fellow travellers and Travel Director over a drink at your Welcome Dinner.
- Hardangerfield: Hear all about the production processes and sample authentic apple cider at a traditional family-run fruit farm.
- Falun: Savour a delightful meal at Banken Restaurant, prepared with fresh, locally-sourced ingredients.
- Oslo: Scandinavian hospitality is matched with fine food and a glass of wine at your Celebration Dinner.
- Dining Summary: 14 Breakfast (B), 5 Dinner (D), 2 Dinner with Wine (DW)
- Fjaerland: Choose between visiting the interactive Norwegian Glacier Museum, a Make Travel Matter experience, to hear more about climate change and how the visit supports their research, or alternatively, take a walk through the village of Fjaerland with a Local Expert and focus on life between the fjord and the glacier.
- Uppsala: Meet Hans Odoo, a passionate Uppsala local and storyteller, who will share the fascinating history of the Carl Linneaus Garden on a guided tour. You’ll learn about Sweden’s first botanical garden and its 1300 species of flora and fauna.
- Nusnäs: Try your hand at whittling after an amazing demonstration by the Olssen family, who have practised the art for generations. Snap a selfie with the handcrafted horses that stand outside.
Top Rated Highlights
- Scenic Drives: The natural scenery of southern Scandinavia is truly an experience in itself. Travel through the Skåne Region, along Lake Vättern, Lake Mälaren, the Dalecarlia, and Lake Siljan. Pass the Dalarna Region, Mjøsa, travel through ‘Peer Gynt’ Country, Geiranger, Fjordland, Sognefjord and across Hardanger Plateau.
- Copenhagen: With your Local Expert, view Christiansborg Palace and the cathedral where the Crown Prince of Denmark married Princess Mary. You’ll also see Rosenborg Castle, Amalienborg Palace, the Renaissance Stock Exchange and the unusual Rundertaarn, which is the oldest functioning Observatory in Europe.
- Gothenburg: Learn about the region’s culture and nautical history with your Local Expert.
- Stockholm: With a Local Expert, step inside the City Hall where the fabulous Gyllene salen, the Golden Hall is covered by 18 million gilded mosaic tiles. You’ll also see the Blå hallen, the Blue Hall, where the Nobel Prize banquets are held.
- Sigtuna: Led by your Travel Director, see the tiny City Hall in the old Viking capital.
- Falun: View the Great Pit, a vast crater caused by an enormous mine collapse in 1687.
- Salen: Stop in this city known as the host to the world’s oldest and longest cross-country ski race.
- Lillehammer: Explore the town where the 1994 Winter Olympics were held.
- Lom: Visit the Norwegian stave church dating back to 1158.
- Geiranger: Cruise along the deep, blue waters of majestic Geirangerfjord, surrounded by snow-covered mountains, gushing waterfalls and lush green vegetation.
- Fjaerland: Enjoy a photo-stop at the Bøyabreen Glacier.
- Leikanger: Learn about this quaint little coastal town from your Travel Director.
- Flam Railway: Journey on one of the world’s steepest railways through tunnels that spiral in and out of the mountainside of the narrow Flåm Valley.
- Bergen: With your Local Expert, see the many colourful stalls of the lively Fish Market and marvel at the 13th century Haakon’s Hall.
- Oslo: Stand beneath the scrolled prows and hand cut hulls of 9th century ships that carried Viking nobles to the afterlife and learn about their traditions and culture when you visit the Viking Ship Museum.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times
- If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport
Welcome to Copenhagen
On to Gothenburg
Scenic farmlands of Sweden
Stockholm, City of Islands
Sigtuna, Uppsala and Falun
Geiranger, Jewel of the Fjords
Geiranger at Leisure
Fjærland and Fjordland
The Flåm Railway to Bergen
The Hanseatic port of Bergen
Mountains and Fjords to Oslo
Out of Oslo